This highly illustrated coursebook cover the new IB Standard Level Mathematics syllabus through a progressive approach that encourages cumulative learning.
- Worked examples show typical workings and thought processes.
- Exercises are progressive and color-coded according to IB examination grades. They include short-answer questions and longer-answer questions typical of the IB examinations.
- “Theory of Knowledge” boxes highlight some of the weaknesses and ambiguities in mathematics as well as showing how mathematics links to other areas of knowledge.
- “From another perspective” boxes highlight international, historical, pragmatic and cultural differences between mathematicians.
- Research explorer boxes suggest a starting point for the written project.
- “Examiners hints” highlight some common errors and pitfalls.
- “Key point” panels highlight key things or formulas to remember.
- Calculator hints highlight specific tips required for calculator work.
- “Fast forward” / “Rewind” boxes indicate connections with other sections of the book to help the reader navigate their way around.
- Exam and exam-style questions provide lots of exam practice.