The significance of mathematics for modeling and practical applications is a prominent theme throughout this coursebook, supported with Theory of Knowledge, internationalism and application links to encourage an appreciation of broader contexts of mathematics. Mathematical modeling is also a key feature.
- A GDC-dedicated chapter covers the step-by-step processes for using the Texas and Casio calculators in the place of traditional mathematical
- Chapter openers explain why the topic matters in the real world.
- The narrative is broken up into short, manageable-sized chunks and is written in plain English, making the key concepts clear and easy to
- Progressive and repetitive exercises use a combination of routine ‘drill’ questions and application-related questions; they are written in the style of the IB’s short-answer and longer-answer questions.
- There are numerous worked examples that include methods using GDC.
- There are feature boxes for the following aspects of the syllabus: Theory of Knowledge, Internationalism, andApplications, as well as general hints with a special note when the hint is exam-specific.
- Key point panels highlight key things or formulas to remember.
- Exam and Exam-style questions provide lots of exam practice.
- A Glossary enables students to quickly access the definition of key, and/or difficult terms.