This attractive, full-color coursebook covers the seven topics of the Higher Level (HL) Extension syllabus in Geography for the IB Diploma. It explores the theme, Global Interactions, emphasizing the various scales at which topics can be studied (global, national, regional, local), and identifying and carefully explaining key global issues.
Geography for the IB Diploma: Global Interactions guides students through the HL syllabus, building geographical skills and making connections to other areas of the Geography course and to concepts in the Theory of Knowledge. It also encourages detailed study of primary and secondary sources, developing students' analytical skills.
The content is tailored to the requirements and assessment objectives of the IB syllabus, making it relevant to the way in which the subject is taught, assessed and examined.
- Key questions to stimulate thought on the main issues for each sub-topic.
- Case studies from around the world, providing examples for reference.
- Activities and geographical skills exercises to practice techniques.
- Discussion points and research ideas to explore the topics further.
- Theory of Knowledge links integrated into the topics.
- Examination-style questions on each sub-topic in the syllabus.
- Definitions of key terms for easy reference in each chapter.
- Useful web links for further reading and research.