This coursebook is a clear, well-structured and in-depth guide to studying the revised Language A Literature syllabus (from 2011). Written by experienced, practicing IB English teachers, English Literature for the IB Diploma covers all parts of the Literature programme at both Standard and Higher Levels, and contains a wide range of text extracts including works originally written in English and World literature in translation.
English Literature for the IB Diploma is a clear and concise guide. Integrated into the coursebook are information and guidance on assessment, Theory of Knowledge opportunities, Extended Essay suggestions, and activities to help students read, think, discuss, write and present ideas.
- Activities to help students read, think, discuss, write and present ideas.
- Annotated texts, highlighting key features and author techniques.
- Information and guidance on assessment, explaining the syllabus in practice.
- Materials for exam preparation, covering each assessment type.
- Timed essay boxes, encouraging practice under exam conditions.
- Sample student work, providing examples for reference and criticism.
- Definitions of key terms in the margin for easy reference, as well as a full glossary.
- Discussion points to explore ideas further in groups or as a class.
- Tips on study skills, exam techniques and important things to note.
- Further resources boxes with weblinks and ideas for further reading and research.
- Higher Level Extension activities, providing differentiated material for HL students.
- Theory of Knowledge boxes with question ideas to stimulate thought.
- Extended Essay ideas to explore for English Literature.