This 2nd edition comprehensively covers the revised Authoritarian States topic, with specific focus on comparisons between leaders. The new edition covers five leaders in depth, from each region – Castro, Stalin, Mao, Mussolini and Nasser – and includes foreign policy, as well education and social policy, as outlined by the curriculum.
- A clear overview and analysis of key events.
- Practice in analyzing source material, including photographs, cartoons, letters, speeches, and other documents.
- Support throughout for new curriculum features, including key concepts and international mindedness.
- In-depth coverage of leaders, with the addition of foreign policy and comparative analysis.
- Approaches to learning highlighted in each activity throughout the book.
- Focus on the examination requirements, with ‘hints for success’ throughout, as well as quizzes on the eBook.
- An updated Theory of Knowledge section, matching the latest syllabus, and questions throughout to help with wider research and discussion.