The English Language and Literature for the IB Diploma coursebook is a comprehensive and accessible guide for Standard and Higher Level students of the new Language A Language and Literature syllabus for the IB Diploma (from 2011). Written by an experienced, practicing IB English teacher, English Language and Literature for the IB Diploma covers key concepts in language and literature studies in a lively and engaging way.
- Structured activities to build study skills in both language and literature.
- Annotated and deconstructed texts, highlighting media and author techniques.
- Information and guidance on assessment, explaining the syllabus in practice.
- Materials for exam preparation, covering each assessment type.
- Sample student work, providing examples for reference and criticism.
- Definitions of key terms in the margin for easy reference, as well as a fully glossary.
- Discussion points to explore ideas further in groups or as a class.
- Tips on study skills, exam techniques and important things to note.
- Further resources boxes with weblinks and ideas for further reading and research.
- Higher Level Extension boxes giving ideas for HL activities.
- Theory of Knowledge boxes with question ideas to stimulate thought.
- Extended Essay ideas to explore for Language and Literature.