Introducing the IB Diploma Programme is a practical handbook on how to introduce and sustain the IB Diploma programme in your school.
Schools wishing to introduce the IB Diploma Programme are faced with major investment in terms of time, effort and money in order to become authorized. They also need to articulate why that programme is the most suitable one for their students. This manual is an invaluable resource for schools already offering the Diploma, as well as for prospective Diploma schools. It covers where to start, the philosophy of the IB, how to become an authorized IB school and contributions from over 70 DP experts including practitioners, school leaders and examiners.
Introducing the IB Diploma Programme will be an invaluable resource for subject teachers, faculty heads, heads of department, subject coordinators, student counsellors, university placement advisors and diploma coordinators.
- A general introduction to the IB Diploma Programme, with a clear outline of what is expected of schools.
- Thorough coverage of each subject and each group, as well as transdisciplinary subjects and the IB Core Programme.
- Case studies of a variety of schools in different cultures.
- A discussion of the impact of becoming an IB school on the school community, students and parents.
- Useful 'Tips and Hints' in each chapter.